Voted & Quoted

Published on .

65% ...of AdAge.com voters think men's shopping magazines can do as well as Lucky. The remaining 35% of our nearly 300 respondents think it will be a difficult act to follow when the audience consists of men.

"With the advent of the term 'metrosexual,' many men can now comfortably shop for the latest fashion, obsess over their personal appearance and pamper themselves without being labeled anything other than a cosmopolitan man. A magazine that will speak to these men will succeed because currently there is not one source of information for men like us to turn to."

-Kevin da Bison/Media Planner/Unilever Cosmetics International/New York

"As women become more independent, men have become more concerned with products that impress. It's time to wake up and realize that retail/fashion should not be confined to a women's magazine."

-Kellie-Ann Myrtle/Creative Services Designer/Hachette Filipacchi Media/ New York

"Deep down most men don't really care and are just as comfortable in jeans, a T-shirt and sneakers. Society is pushing men to care, but I think it would take a lot more than a magazine to reverse thousands of years of men dressing like shit."

-Frank Wildermann/Founder and director/The Watertable/New York

Next week's question is "Is low-carb a real, growing market or a passing fad?" To submit your answer please log on to AdAge.com, QwikFIND aao29v

In this article:
Most Popular