Voted & Quoted

Published on .

Most Popular
55% ...of respondents think that broadcast TV's problems are as bad as the attendees of the recent NATPE conference suggested. The remaining 45% felt the attendees had exaggerated the plight of network TV.

"Viewers are tired of the same old rigid schedules; they want to watch what they want, when they want. Cable plays first-run shows several times, in different time slots which fit better into today's active and busy lifestyle."

Peter Ortmann/President/SunStar Entertainment/Las Vegas

"There are too many reality shows and not enough quality shows. Does anyone see the connection between rising reality ratings and the mass exodus from networks?"

Danny Wood/Chief Graphics Architect/Harford Grafx/Edgewood, Md.

"It's taken the broadcast industry a lot of time to face reality. Their existing business model is unsustainable. They have to rethink the value they create for their shareholders, the value and relevance they provide for advertisers and the way they work with talent and production companies. There are not many businesses facing such a challenging future. Let's hope they are prepared to evolve and stop living in the past."

Robin Azis/Founder/The Entertainment Factor/London

Next week's question is "Is Super Bowl ad quality declining?" To submit your answer please log on to, QwikFIND aao29v

In this article: