Voted & Quoted

Published on .

Most Popular
90% ... of AdAge.com voters think the overall quality of Super Bowl commercials is on the decline. The remaining 10% of the nearly 600 respondents think the ads are running par for the course in quality and theme.

"At the Super Bowl we saw no bold statements, no bridge built by Coke between famous athlete and little fan, no 'Why 1984 won't be like 1984,' just lots of jokes aimed at the crotch. Except, of course, when it comes to erectile dysfunction medication."

-Michael Mark/CEO/NYCA/San Diego

"Agencies and clients forget that the message is the message. They seem to think the medium is the message. Oh, well."

-Tom Mullen/Copywriter/Exit3A/Winston-Salem, N.C.

"Without quality in Super Bowl ads, we stand to lose that single mystical night where people actively seek out ads instead of flipping away from them. A good ad here always creates enough press and watercooler buzz alone to justify its cost. This is the third year of sub-par advertising in the Bowl. We went away again asking the same questions: Where are all the creatives? Where are the fresh ideas?"

-John Makowski/President/OEL/Baltimore

Next week's question is "Was the Timberlake/Jackson incident a brilliant PR stunt or shameful public affront? " To submit your answer please log on to AdAge.com, QwikFIND aao29v

In this article: