Voted & Quoted

Published on .

57% of AdAge.com respondents agree with P&G marketing chief Jim Stengel's warning that the traditional U.S. marketing model is obsolete. The remaining 43% think Stengel has the wrong idea on this one.

"[F]ixing the model-indeed, recasting the model-will take all partners in the industry ... to agree to new metrics and new/very different standards. This is the only way to align the industry to the needs of the marketplace."

-Patti Marshman-Goldblatt/Senior Vice President/Spectra Marketing/Chicago

"The reason Mr. Stengel finds today's marketing world 'broken' is because he has lost John Pepper's repair kit. ... Pepper's tactics were simple yet powerful. 1. Develop innovative new products. 2. Break down walls between traditional agencies, PR, marketing services and alternative agencies. ... 3. Encourage them to take risks. 4. Pay them well. 5. Be loyal."

-Michael Napoliello/Founder, Chairman (retired)/U.S. Marketing & Promotions/Torrance, Calif.

"When will we stop talking about how interesting and attention-gaining a particular TV commercial is and start measuring how much product it is actually selling? ..."

-Oliver Petrovski/ Zenith Media/Skopje, Macedonia

In this article:
Most Popular