As a private midsize business, unlike some of our peers that are owned by large conglomerates, ION Television is entirely focused on serving TV advertising clients.
Starting in 2009, when the network embarked on its successful run of building a Top 15 entertainment network, ION's mantra was that it can only be successful if it can deliver solid value year-in and year-out for our clients.
ION Television's programming approach, with a curated lineup of procedural dramas and original series and movies, has delivered consistent Top 15 ratings for six years straight. ION delivers a large, loyal audience that watches live and longer than most competitive cable network viewers. This leads to better brand and message recall and, ultimately, product purchase, which are all key components of ION's offering for this year. The network refers to these as the "ION Effects."
ION Television stands out from its competitors in many ways:
- ION delivers consistency in a volatile environment, which results in ratings stability and delivery of media schedules not only year over year but also month to month.
- ION's audience is passionate, and it rewards the network with strong loyalty and the highest levels of live viewing. Viewers stay tuned to ION twice as long as the average cable network, and focus groups have proven that they are drawn into ION's content, believe it is reliable and consistent, and are certain that there will always be something on that they want to watch.
- ION viewers are watching live, which in turn allows greater brand and message recall. According to a Vision Critical focus group study, viewers are 2.5 times more likely to recall brand messaging when viewing a live programming, which ION's audience does at a 95% rate.
- ION viewers don't just remember ads, they also respond to them. Driven by Nielsen Catalina research from actual loyalty card purchases, ION ranks No. 6 overall among the top spending categories, including food, health & beauty, beverages, household products and OTC.
- ION gives advertisers hassle-free client solution opportunities. With 3,000 square feet of studio space in New York and Tampa, Florida, we have the ability to produce customized co-branded content in a unique television environment that is creative, organic and can deliver across multiple platforms.
ION Television is also looking ahead to another successful year in 2015, with the addition of exciting new original and acquired programming content.
In addition to ION Television's successful original series "The Listener" and "Flashpoint," ION is launching the original series "Saving Hope" this fall. In the show, Hope Zion Hospital is left in chaos when its charismatic chief of surgery, Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks), falls into a coma and explores the hospital halls in spirit form, helping other patients who are also in limbo. His fiancé and fellow surgeon, Alex Reid (Erica Durance), presses on to save his life and the lives of others.
Additionally, ION Television is in its sixth year of producing quality, original movies. In 2014, the network's lineup of originals was its highest-rated ever. This year, ION has committed to producing a new slate of original movies, expanding to include Valentine's Day, Halloween and Veterans Day-themed titles.
ION Television's latest network acquisition, "Law & Order: SVU," is a perfect complement to our programming lineup. "SVU," the most watched show on television, which will debut on ION this fall, is a hard-hitting and emotional series that chronicles the life and crimes of the Special Victims Unit of the New York City Police Department. This comes on the heels of the success launch of "Blue Bloods" in our lineup; it quickly became ION's second-highest rated program, averaging 1.2 million viewers.
About ION Television
ION Television is committed to providing high-quality content to consumers, advertisers and distributors, with a "Positively Entertaining" lineup featuring proven shows, blockbuster movies and an expansive catalog of original series and movies. ION continues to rank among the Top 15 in adults and women 25 to 54, and is No. 3 among cable entertainment networks, with 50% of its viewers watching 10-plus hours per month.