Chiller is the home of scary-good entertainment, where thrill-seeking audiences go for high quality, edge-of-your-seat movies, series and events all year round.
Award-winning original movies, stunts and specials have put Chiller on the map for viewers who crave a true rush of adrenaline with every experience. And by investing in high-caliber partnerships with the biggest names in entertainment, Chiller is taking the thrills to the next level.
Drew Barrymore executive produces the upcoming Chiller original movie "Animal." Five breakthrough filmmakers put their unique spin on scary in the second volume of the fan-favorite anthology film, "Chilling Visions: 5 States of Fear." And executive producer Elijah Wood joins forces with iconic actors Rainn Wilson and David Morse in the highly anticipated film "The Boy."
And viewers don't just flock to Chiller to watch--they go to participate. Saturdays feature "Don't Watch Alone" movies, where viewers can interact in real time via social media.
High-quality originals. Award-winning movies. And dramatic growth year-over-year. Chiller truly is scary good.
Senior VP, Syfy and USA Ad Sales
• Chiller reaches 41.1 million homes.
• 62% female/38% male
• 44% of Chiller's audience is A25-54; 36% is A18-49.
• Chiller reached 39.1 million viewers in 2013.
• Chiller viewers stay tuned in three minutes longer than the cable average.
INTEGRATED MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES:
Killer Shorts Contest: Aspiring filmmakers can submit their short for fans to vote on, with the winning short debuting on Chiller.
October Movie Madness: Fan-favorite horror programming offers big screams all month long.
THE BOY: 9-year-old Ted Henley lives with his father in their run-down motel on a desolate stretch of road, earning a tiny allowance by collecting roadkill that litters the highway. But when the motel cash register starts to run dry, Ted turns his attention to catching bigger game as we slowly witness the terrifying birth of a serial killer.
CHILLING VISIONS: 5 STATES OF FEAR: In this second volume of "Chilling Visions," five up-and-coming filmmakers write and direct five short films exploring the physical manifestations of five different states of fear. Premieres Q3 2014.
ANIMAL: When plans for a weekend vacation hit a dead end, a group of close-knit friends find themselves stranded in unfamiliar territory, pursued by a menacing predator. From executive producers Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen; in select theaters and on-demand in Q2 2014 with the Chiller cable premiere in Q4 2014.
ONGOING AND UPCOMING SERIES
"The X-Files," "Ripley's Believe It or Not," "Tru Calling," "Persons Unknown," "The River," "The Collector," "Tales From the Darkside," "The Gates"
Source: Nielsen 2013, prime, C3 Data; UE = Jan 14. Reach = L7 Data, Total Day, P2+, 6 min. qualifier. LOT = Live Data, A18-49 & A25-54. Qualifications available upon request.
- How Mobile Captures Shark Fans Hook, Line and SinkerHow do newer fish compete with Shark Week? SharkFest and "Sharknado" rely heavily on reaching audiences through mobile marketing.
- Wine and Dine With Ad Age's Media Mavens on Dec. 3...stirred up a storm of publicity for "Sharknado 2" as Syfy and
Chiller's exec VP-marketing, digital and global brand strategy Anthony Rushton , crusading...
- Meet Ad Age's 2014 Media MavensThese 23 media creators, sellers and innovators are taking on key challenges and reinventing ways of doing business.
- Creating Big Buzz Through New Modes Of StorytellingConsumers are playing an increasingly active role in brand storytelling.
- NBC Universal Realigns Ad Sales, Ties Broadcast Flagship More Closely to Cable...Ad Sales Lifestyle Group -- to include Bravo, Oxygen , E!, Esquire , Cloo and
Chiller-- will be led by Laura Molen, who had overseen networks including USA...