Lifestyle is the business of Scripps Networks Interactive. And business is good.
Their extraordinary record of No. 1 rankings (see below) is a testament to the growing power of the Lifestyle category and the remarkable bond consumers have with their brands.
They see Scripps Networks as a trusted friend. They instinctively tune in because they know the content is entertaining and inspiring all the time. That's the magic of Lifestyle. Many advertisers have already embraced Lifestyle as part of their creative. Scripps is convincing them to make it a separate part of their media plan. And why not? In virtually every metric that impacts purchase behavior--from income to engagement to live viewership--Scripps Networks stands alone in Lifestyle content, spotlighting the genre's clear distinction from general entertainment or reality.
"Lifestyle is inclusive," says President of Ad Sales Steve Gigliotti. "Viewers recognize themselves in our stories. They see their own goals reflected back at them." Those viewers also spend over $4 trillion in the Lifestyle categories Scripps dominates: home, food and travel. Perhaps that's why Scripps Networks likes to say, "Life Lives Here.",,"1
- Without Disney, Netflix Needs to Produce More Movies of Its Own...from friend of Hollywood to rival in the past few years.
Scripps NetworksInteractive opted not to renew deals giving its shows to Netflix, while...
- Can 'Fixer Upper: Shark Week' Live Up to Hype?Plus: Is China the new Hillary Clinton? And more from Dumenco's media roundup.
- Investors Seem Underwhelmed By Discovery's Confirmation of Scripps Nets Acquisition...the news of Discovery Communications ' proposed $14.6 billion acquisition of
Scripps NetworksInteractive with a raised eyebrow, as shares of the Silver Spring, Md...
- Anybody Wanna Buy a Magazine? Time Inc. Is Now Trying to Offload Three Glossies...health care bill without major changes. 3. "Viacom Inc. has informed
Scripps NetworksInteractive it is willing to pay all cash to acquire the U...
- Discovery Interest in Scripps Driven by Visions of $3 TV Bundle...is one of two companies, along with Viacom, vying to buy
Scripps NetworksInteractive, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The negotiations are...