Lifestyle is the business of Scripps Networks Interactive. And business is good.
Their extraordinary record of No. 1 rankings (see below) is a testament to the growing power of the Lifestyle category and the remarkable bond consumers have with their brands.
They see Scripps Networks as a trusted friend. They instinctively tune in because they know the content is entertaining and inspiring all the time. That's the magic of Lifestyle. Many advertisers have already embraced Lifestyle as part of their creative. Scripps is convincing them to make it a separate part of their media plan. And why not? In virtually every metric that impacts purchase behavior--from income to engagement to live viewership--Scripps Networks stands alone in Lifestyle content, spotlighting the genre's clear distinction from general entertainment or reality.
"Lifestyle is inclusive," says President of Ad Sales Steve Gigliotti. "Viewers recognize themselves in our stories. They see their own goals reflected back at them." Those viewers also spend over $4 trillion in the Lifestyle categories Scripps dominates: home, food and travel. Perhaps that's why Scripps Networks likes to say, "Life Lives Here.",,"1
- What You Need to Know About Philo's New Sports-Free Streaming Service...focused content at launch. A&E Networks, AMC Networks, Discovery Communications ,
Scripps Networksand Viacom are part of the bundle. These companies are also investors...
- What a Hearst Acquisition of Rodale Would Mean for Magazineland...for instance, has 64 international editions. And Hearst's partnership with
Scripps NetworksInteractive, which has made HGTV Magazine and Food Network Magazine into major...
- Without Disney, Netflix Needs to Produce More Movies of Its Own...from friend of Hollywood to rival in the past few years.
Scripps NetworksInteractive opted not to renew deals giving its shows to Netflix, while...
- Can 'Fixer Upper: Shark Week' Live Up to Hype?Plus: Is China the new Hillary Clinton? And more from Dumenco's media roundup.
- Investors Seem Underwhelmed By Discovery's Confirmation of Scripps Nets Acquisition...the news of Discovery Communications ' proposed $14.6 billion acquisition of
Scripps NetworksInteractive with a raised eyebrow, as shares of the Silver Spring, Md...