Lifestyle is the business of Scripps Networks Interactive. And business is good.
Their extraordinary record of No. 1 rankings (see below) is a testament to the growing power of the Lifestyle category and the remarkable bond consumers have with their brands.
They see Scripps Networks as a trusted friend. They instinctively tune in because they know the content is entertaining and inspiring all the time. That's the magic of Lifestyle. Many advertisers have already embraced Lifestyle as part of their creative. Scripps is convincing them to make it a separate part of their media plan. And why not? In virtually every metric that impacts purchase behavior--from income to engagement to live viewership--Scripps Networks stands alone in Lifestyle content, spotlighting the genre's clear distinction from general entertainment or reality.
"Lifestyle is inclusive," says President of Ad Sales Steve Gigliotti. "Viewers recognize themselves in our stories. They see their own goals reflected back at them." Those viewers also spend over $4 trillion in the Lifestyle categories Scripps dominates: home, food and travel. Perhaps that's why Scripps Networks likes to say, "Life Lives Here.",,"1
- Snapchat Approves Branded Content Ads for Discover Publishers...section for professional media partners such as BuzzFeed, Hearst, NBC Universal,
Scripps NetworksInteractive and Vice. The branded content ads will be worked out directly...
- Wednesday Wake-Up Call: More Drama at Newsweek's Publisher. Plus, Wendy's Mocks McDonald's Wendy's is seriously not impressed by McDonald's latest move, and it's mocking the brand on Twitter (again)
- Discovery Reveals Ad Sales Leadership Post-Scripps Merger
Scripps Networks' Jon Steinlauf will become chief U.S. advertising sales officer after the company merges with Discovery Communications . Discovery's Ben Price, who serves...
- Virtual Lindsey Vonn Hits Slopes in Discovery's Own Olympics Push...and is pursuing further international growth, while buying fellow media company
Scripps NetworksInteractive Inc. in July to strengthen Discovery's reach and distribution options...
- Disney Risks Losing One of TV's Creative Geniuses in Fox Deal...the merger mania overtaking the media industry, where Time Warner Inc.,
Scripps NetworksInteractive Inc. and Starz agreed to sales in the past 18 months...