Lifestyle is the business of Scripps Networks Interactive. And business is good.
Their extraordinary record of No. 1 rankings (see below) is a testament to the growing power of the Lifestyle category and the remarkable bond consumers have with their brands.
They see Scripps Networks as a trusted friend. They instinctively tune in because they know the content is entertaining and inspiring all the time. That's the magic of Lifestyle. Many advertisers have already embraced Lifestyle as part of their creative. Scripps is convincing them to make it a separate part of their media plan. And why not? In virtually every metric that impacts purchase behavior--from income to engagement to live viewership--Scripps Networks stands alone in Lifestyle content, spotlighting the genre's clear distinction from general entertainment or reality.
"Lifestyle is inclusive," says President of Ad Sales Steve Gigliotti. "Viewers recognize themselves in our stories. They see their own goals reflected back at them." Those viewers also spend over $4 trillion in the Lifestyle categories Scripps dominates: home, food and travel. Perhaps that's why Scripps Networks likes to say, "Life Lives Here.",,"1
- Discovery reorganizes ad sales, lays off more than 20 staffersDiscovery is reorganizing its ad sales team following its merger with
Scripps Networks, appointing three sales leads who will each be responsible for selling a...
- Discovery, PGA Tour tee up $2 billion international rights dealPer terms of the pact, which runs through 2030, Discovery will develop a Netflix-like OTT service for golf fanatics outside the U.S.
- TV Upfront and Digital NewFront 2018 Calendar...already been underway with their presentations. The newly combined Discovery and
Scripps networkshosted a coming out party of sorts on April 10, with President...
- Snapchat Approves Branded Content Ads for Discover Publishers...section for professional media partners such as BuzzFeed, Hearst, NBC Universal,
Scripps NetworksInteractive and Vice. The branded content ads will be worked out directly...
- Wednesday Wake-Up Call: More Drama at Newsweek's Publisher. Plus, Wendy's Mocks McDonald's Wendy's is seriously not impressed by McDonald's latest move, and it's mocking the brand on Twitter (again)