Lifestyle is the business of Scripps Networks Interactive. And business is good.
Their extraordinary record of No. 1 rankings (see below) is a testament to the growing power of the Lifestyle category and the remarkable bond consumers have with their brands.
They see Scripps Networks as a trusted friend. They instinctively tune in because they know the content is entertaining and inspiring all the time. That's the magic of Lifestyle. Many advertisers have already embraced Lifestyle as part of their creative. Scripps is convincing them to make it a separate part of their media plan. And why not? In virtually every metric that impacts purchase behavior--from income to engagement to live viewership--Scripps Networks stands alone in Lifestyle content, spotlighting the genre's clear distinction from general entertainment or reality.
"Lifestyle is inclusive," says President of Ad Sales Steve Gigliotti. "Viewers recognize themselves in our stories. They see their own goals reflected back at them." Those viewers also spend over $4 trillion in the Lifestyle categories Scripps dominates: home, food and travel. Perhaps that's why Scripps Networks likes to say, "Life Lives Here.",,"1
- Facebook's New Tool Lets Publishers Use Its Data to Sell Video Ads...and in their apps. A&E Networks, ESPN, Hearst Television and
Scripps NetworksInteractive are testing an automated system that lets marketers find their intended...
- Team of Rivals: Inside Fox, Turner and Viacom's Strange CollaborationWith digital media encroaching on all sides, TV adversaries train their fire outward instead of at each other. It could be the start of something bigger.
- Politics Might Be Everywhere, but Probably Not in the TV UpfrontsDonald Trump's presidency may be seeping into every other part of media, but it's not expected to meaningfully impact TV upfront negotiations.
- Upfronts 2017: Cable Nets Remind Advertisers TV Is About More Than Data...buying audiences. "Environment matters," said Jon Steinlauf, president-national ad sales,
Scripps Networks, at a press breakfast ahead of the company's upfront presentation on...
- TV Upfront and Digital NewFront 2017 Calendar...s Frederick P. Rose Hall March 2, 4:30 p.m.
Scripps NetworksAlice Tully Hall Lincoln Center March 22, 4 p.m. Crown Media...