Lifestyle is the business of Scripps Networks Interactive. And business is good.
Their extraordinary record of No. 1 rankings (see below) is a testament to the growing power of the Lifestyle category and the remarkable bond consumers have with their brands.
They see Scripps Networks as a trusted friend. They instinctively tune in because they know the content is entertaining and inspiring all the time. That's the magic of Lifestyle. Many advertisers have already embraced Lifestyle as part of their creative. Scripps is convincing them to make it a separate part of their media plan. And why not? In virtually every metric that impacts purchase behavior--from income to engagement to live viewership--Scripps Networks stands alone in Lifestyle content, spotlighting the genre's clear distinction from general entertainment or reality.
"Lifestyle is inclusive," says President of Ad Sales Steve Gigliotti. "Viewers recognize themselves in our stories. They see their own goals reflected back at them." Those viewers also spend over $4 trillion in the Lifestyle categories Scripps dominates: home, food and travel. Perhaps that's why Scripps Networks likes to say, "Life Lives Here.",,"1
- Hearst's Pioneer Woman Magazine Expands in Second Outing...released in September. The Hearst Magazines publication, a joint venture with
Scripps NetworksInteractive, features Ree Drummond, who hosts the "Pioneer Woman" show on Scripps...
- Discovery and Viacom Have Each Held Talks to Buy Scripps Networks...of Netflix and YouTube, have held separate talks to combine with
Scripps NetworksInteractive, owner of HGTV and the Food Network , according to a person...
- What Two Years of His Tweets Tell Us About 'Master Brander' Donald TrumpPlus: NBC's Snapchat show, a tale of two translators and more from Dumenco's media roundup.
- Scripps, Time Inc. Among Media Companies Starting Shows on Amazon's New Echo...the new Amazon Echo that comes with a screen. On Wednesday,
Scripps NetworksInteractive' Food Network and Time Inc.'s People introduced apps for the...
- Facebook's New Tool Lets Publishers Use Its Data to Sell Video Ads...and in their apps. A&E Networks, ESPN, Hearst Television and
Scripps NetworksInteractive are testing an automated system that lets marketers find their intended...