Lifestyle is the business of Scripps Networks Interactive. And business is good.
Their extraordinary record of No. 1 rankings (see below) is a testament to the growing power of the Lifestyle category and the remarkable bond consumers have with their brands.
They see Scripps Networks as a trusted friend. They instinctively tune in because they know the content is entertaining and inspiring all the time. That's the magic of Lifestyle. Many advertisers have already embraced Lifestyle as part of their creative. Scripps is convincing them to make it a separate part of their media plan. And why not? In virtually every metric that impacts purchase behavior--from income to engagement to live viewership--Scripps Networks stands alone in Lifestyle content, spotlighting the genre's clear distinction from general entertainment or reality.
"Lifestyle is inclusive," says President of Ad Sales Steve Gigliotti. "Viewers recognize themselves in our stories. They see their own goals reflected back at them." Those viewers also spend over $4 trillion in the Lifestyle categories Scripps dominates: home, food and travel. Perhaps that's why Scripps Networks likes to say, "Life Lives Here.",,"1
- Disney Risks Losing One of TV's Creative Geniuses in Fox Deal...the merger mania overtaking the media industry, where Time Warner Inc.,
Scripps NetworksInteractive Inc. and Starz agreed to sales in the past 18 months...
- Disney Buys Fox Assets in $52 Billion Split of Murdoch Realm...long-term survival. Discovery Communications Inc. agreed in July to acquire
Scripps NetworksInteractive Inc., and Time Warner Inc. is trying to sell itself to...
- Ad Age's Magazines of the Year 2017: See All the Winners Hardened during the rise of digital media, our latest crop of magazine honorees are showing the way forward, not just for "old" media.
- What You Need to Know About Philo's New Sports-Free Streaming Service...focused content at launch. A&E Networks, AMC Networks, Discovery Communications ,
Scripps Networksand Viacom are part of the bundle. These companies are also investors...
- What a Hearst Acquisition of Rodale Would Mean for Magazineland...for instance, has 64 international editions. And Hearst's partnership with
Scripps NetworksInteractive, which has made HGTV Magazine and Food Network Magazine into major...