Founded in 1988, Slack and Company is one of the world’s first integrated marketing communications agencies and one of the very few that works exclusively with business-to-business marketers. The company works principally with change agents and disruptors to build strong business brands and generate profitable demand for their products, services and ideas. The agency is a charter member of the Worldwide Partners B2B Network, the world’s largest network of independent agencies that specialize in b2b marketing or offer it as an area of practice.
The agency also is actively involved with the Institute for the Study of Business Markets and the Business Marketing Association, on whose national board CEO Gary Slack serves as VP-professional development and organizer of its annual global b2b marketing conference.
Chairman-Chief Experience Officer
VP-Business Strategy and Development
AT A GLANCE
As one of the first integrated marketing communications agencies, Slack and Company has been shortening the distance for b2b marketers for more than 25 years.
• Business strategy
• Customer insight
• Direct response
SLACK AND COMPANY
"In a world overrun with information, we believe there's a shorter path to success. To break through in a meaningful way, you need to tap into what makes your brand uniquely human. That's 'the shortest distance from b to b.' "
CASE Construction Equipment wanted to demonstrate leadership and generate new projects by bringing critical attention to a topic near and dear to its target audience--construction companies--but figuratively, and often literally, invisible to the public.
To show that infrastructure impacts communities locally more than they know in terms of dollars, jobs, productivity and public safety, Slack and Company developed the "Dire States" campaign. It began with a coast-to-coast road tour of many of America's most neglected infrastructure sites in a 1949 Hudson--a car built the same year as the interstate highway system and as old and inefficient as many of the roads and bridges it traveled. Making dozens of stops throughout the country, the car became a rolling conversation starter for an otherwise stale topic, bringing together government offi cials, engineers, financiers and civic leaders to address the importance of--and solutions to--local infrastructure issues. Campaign tactics included a website, social media, PR, email and the establishment of an ongoing support community.
"Dire States" has attracted enormous attention for CASE Construction Equipment and to date has contributed to the creation of new infrastructure projects (Pennsylvania), ballot initiatives (Texas) and even the refurbishment of an abandoned bridge (Illinois), with much more underway.
Awards & Accolades
- * Business Marketing Association Agency of the Year 2014
- * Advertising Age BtoB Agency of the Year runner-up 2014
- * Business Marketing Association B2 awards 2014
- * American Business Association Stevie and Stevie International awards 2014
- * American Business Association Marketing Agency of the Year 2013
- Largest U.S. agencies from all disciplines in 2012Largest U.S. agencies from all disciplines in 2012. A ranking of more than 900 U.S. agencies by revenue. Part of Agency Report 2013.
- Largest U.S. Agencies From All DisciplinesLargest U.S. Agencies From All Disciplines by 2011 U.S. revenue. Part of Agency Report 2012.
- Largest U.S. Agencies From All DisciplinesLargest U.S. Agencies From All Disciplines by 2010 U.S. revenue. Part of Agency Report 2011.
- Who's Who in B-to-B 2003Introduction Marketers Business Media Direct & Database Agencies Creative PR/Promotions Services and Technologies CRM/Marketing Automation Government/Associations Analysts/Academia INTRODUCTION