Similar to a five-set championship match at a Grand Slam, Tennis Channel has a “Best of Five” winning strategy that scores for clients. The network is in a unique position to consistently offer live programming, an affluent audience, equal male and female viewers, hardworking spots and new consumer strategies in the mobile and connected TV space.
There’s no question that the largest viewership numbers in live television traditionally come from sporting events. Tennis Channel’s daylong “Center Court” studio follows simultaneous tournaments and brings Grand Slam-style coverage all year round, helping to draw some of the highest television ratings in the industry. Adding to the network’s strong ratings are tennis superstars such as Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova and Novak Djokovic, who, along with others in the Top 10, competed for a total of 1,403 hours on Tennis Channel in 2014. This is more than double the total tennis coverage of all other networks put together (live and encore telecasts).
The people tuning in to Tennis Channel are a coveted, upscale audience made up of power consumers. The network consistently ranks No. 1 in household income across top sources such as Ipsos Affluent Study and Rentrak. Tennis Channel viewers watch and play the sport. They are affluent, typically lifelong fans/players, evenly balanced between men and women, and are racially diverse.
Research has shown that brand affinity among viewers is stronger when tied to live sport sponsors. Short breaks in tennis create one of the most optimized selling environments in sports, with fans usually willing to watch commercials so they don’t miss any of the action. Considering that Tennis Channel corners the market with almost 90% of all televised live tennis in the U.S., the benefits for brands are unparalleled.
To keep up with fans’ demand to watch tennis and engage in new consumer connection strategies, Tennis Channel introduced the groundbreaking digital subscription service Tennis Channel Plus. The service -- available to everyone, with or without a network subscription -- features more than 600 additional live matches from more than 50 tournaments around the world, including the Australian Open and French Open, as well as thousands of hours of on-demand programming. Tennis Channel Plus subscribers get access to exclusive content not available anywhere else -- not even on Tennis Channel.
• Most-balanced male (54%)/female (46%) skew in cable sports networks. • Top 5 in annual expenditures, including several affluent categories such as automotive, luxury goods, travel and finance. • Top 5 ad-supported cable network among C-level executives and financial advisers. • 89% of all tennis tournament programming on television. • Low-clutter environment: 91% of live commercial pods are 60-to-90-seconds long.
2015 PROGRAMMING HIGHLIGHTS
JANUARY-MARCH Australian Open BNP Paribas Open (Indian Wells) Miami Open Tour Guide
APRIL-JUNE Road to Roland Garros Tournaments: Monte Carlo, Madrid, Rome and more French Open (Roland Garros) Best of 5 Tennisography
JULY-SEPTEMBER Wimbledon Primetime Emirates Airline U.S. Open Series U.S. Open Fit to Hit Tennis Channel Academy
OCTOBER-DECEMBER Fed Cup WTA Finals ATP World Tour Finals Davis CupSources: Nielsen NSI/Arianna, 25 local people markets, 1/1/14 -- 12/31/14, 6 a.m. -- 3 a.m., subject to qualifications available upon request. Ispos Affluent Study, 2013-14 Doublebase, Base A25-54 and A18+.
- Facebook Live Football Is First Move in Bleacher Report's Play for Millennial Sports Fans...have talked with pro sports leagues and media companies like The
Tennis Channelabout carrying live sporting events. And while big-time sports will probably...
- Amazon Seeking Global, U.S. Sports Video Rights...on sports. They want to be a new age MSO," said
Tennis ChannelChief Executive Officer Ken Solomon, using the acronym for multiple-system operator...
- The Colonel's Kitchen Boot Camp Is Revealed in KFC's New Campaign...9:40 pm ET Mercedes-Benz: 2016 Summer Event: Streak Network:
Tennis ChannelShow: 2016 French Open Tennis Airing Date: Jun. 1, 3:25 am...
- Nick Cannon Finds the Best Wingman Has Four Legs...Primetime Airing: May. 31, 8:55 pm ET Emirates: Tomorrow Network:
Tennis ChannelShow: 2016 French Open Tennis Airing Date: May. 31, 9:37 am...
- X Marks the iSpot: Ad-Tracking Firm Measures Real-Time ImpressionsIts ad-tracking software deployed in 10 million TV sets, iSpot looks to take real-time measurement to the next level.
JUN8TV Looks Beyond Nielsen Metrics to Strike Deals
MAY1How Brands Are Breaking Through Programming Clutter
MAY4TV Networks Offer New Options for Buying and Tracking TV Ads
OCT28What To Do When a Sports or Entertainment Tie-in Goes Awry
MAY12015 Programming Roundup
MAY1How Cable's New Golden Age of Content Is Changing the Game
MAY1Cable News Wars Rage as New Players Join the Battle
SEP29It's A Golden Age For Television And Cable Networks Are Delivering