With $120 million in billings and 140 employees, Tombras is one of the nation’s top 35 independent agencies. Founded in 1946 and owned by Charlie Tombras and son Dooley, we have offices in Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee; Washington, DC; and Louisville, Kentucky.
Our top clients include (in alphabetical order):
- Aveda Institute
- Bush’s Beans
- Crystal Coast Tourism Development Authority
- Daimler Trucks of North America
- Farm Bureau Insurance
- KentuckyOne Health
- Michelin North America
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Nissan North America
- Ole Smoky Moonshine
- Pilot Flying J
- Regal Cinemas
- Warsteiner Beer
We have won national awards, and Advertising Age has recognized our television creative for being among the nation’s most-liked and most-recalled. In fact, last spring, Ad Age published an article detailing the launch of our national texting and driving campaign and featured our creative in the Viral Video Chart. Our work and national client roster has helped us attract and retain top creative talent from leading agencies like BBDO, DDB, FCB, JWT, Leo Burnett, Ogilvy & Mather, Saatchi & Saatchi and Y&R.
Many agencies say they are full service, yet outsource their digital, social, analytics and video to outside specialists. At Tombras, we are truly full service. We made digital a core competency and hired a full time staff of nearly 50 front-end and back end developers, technical directors, data analysts, digital project managers, videographers, editors, and social media community managers. In the last four years we have nearly doubled in size, and today, we are united by a philosophy that manifests itself through our work: connecting data and creativity for business results.
The Tombras Group
Awards & Accolades
- Small Agency of the Year, 76-150 Employees, Silver: The Tombras Group Last year brought incredible growth for
The Tombras Group, headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn. New business included Michelin North America, Bush's, GE Consumer Appliances and...
- Ad Age's 2015 Small Agency Awards: See the Winners...ranging from Dockers to Planet Fitness. 76-150, SILVER Tombras Group
The Tombras Groupwins silver Small Agency of the Year for 76-150 employees...
- O'Keefe Reinhard & Paul, Nomades Take Top Honors at Small Agency Awards 2015So much for the terrible twos. A couple of two-year old shops walked away tall at Advertising Age's 2015 Small Agency Awards.
- Tennessee Government Scrutinized for Sexist Ad Campaign...depiction of women sexist and offensive. The campaign was created by
the Tombras Groupof Knoxville, which has worked on campaigns like "Click It or...
- YouTube Stars Rhett and Link Made a Texting-While-Driving Commercial and It's Awesome...better chance of being watched. The NHTSA and agency Tennessee-based
The Tombras Groupare running a more traditional integrated campaign as well . The $8...
JLY29Agencies See New Opportunities with Multicultural Shops
AUG3Three Tips for Small Agencies Working With Freelancers
AUG3Tips for Vetting A New Client And Deciding When To Walk Away
AUG3New Health Care Agency Springs Out of Affordable Care Act
AUG3A Great Small Agency Needs a Founder with Grit