WGN America is the national flagship of Tribune Media and is available in more than 73 million homes. The cable network, in the middle of a sweeping reinvention, is transforming itself from a superstation to a destination network. By January 2016, WGN America will be a dual-feed network, significantly expanding its prime-time appeal and drawing a bigger, more diverse audience.
Last year marked the network’s entry into original programming with the breakout success of “Salem,” followed by the launch of critically acclaimed drama “Manhattan.” Both series, returning for a second season, pave the way for daring newcomers “Outsiders” and “Underground” in early 2016. These projects continue the network’s aggressive expansion into original scripted programming.
This fall, WGN America is the new exclusive cable home for 2015’s two biggest acquired series, “Person of Interest” and “Elementary.” With “Blue Bloods,” they make up the new “Prime Crime” lineup. WGN America is also elevating prime time with major motion pictures to compete as a movie destination.
With original series, exclusive off-network hits, competitive movie titles, conversion to dual feed and more national coverage, WGN America is a dramatically new network.
• Genders skew 55% female/45% male • 48% more sellable prime-time impressions • 26% more prime-time units • Growth of key sales
- One in Five Relationships Starts Online, Says Match.com in New Ad...9:49 pm ET Match.com: The World Has Changed Network:
WGN AmericaShow: Cops Primetime Airing: Sep. 29, 8:37 pm ET Most Engaging...
- T-Mobile Puts Verizon in its Sights With Parody Ad...Top new ads recently aired on national TV Kia: Basketball Network:
WGN AmericaShow: How I Met Your Mother Primetime Airing: Sep. 20, 10:37...
- Russell Westbrook Gets Some Serious Air in Jordan's Engaging Spot...recently aired on national TV Carl's Jr.: Really Classic Network:
WGN AmericaShow: Person of Interest Primetime Airing: Aug. 31, 10:19 pm ET...
- Shark Week an Early Ratings Victim as NBC Rivals Brace for Olympics Slowdown...Olympics to slow subscriber additions in the quarter. Tribune, which owns
WGN America, said it launched two of its biggest shows, "Outsiders" and "Underground," in...
- Slightly Icky Stride Gum Spot Succeeds in Being 'Mad Intense'...am ET Humana: Great Things Are Ahead of You: Carnival Network:
WGN AmericaShow: How I Met Your Mother Primetime Airing: Jul. 26, 10:51...