WGN America is the national flagship of Tribune Media and is available in more than 73 million homes. The cable network, in the middle of a sweeping reinvention, is transforming itself from a superstation to a destination network. By January 2016, WGN America will be a dual-feed network, significantly expanding its prime-time appeal and drawing a bigger, more diverse audience.
Last year marked the network’s entry into original programming with the breakout success of “Salem,” followed by the launch of critically acclaimed drama “Manhattan.” Both series, returning for a second season, pave the way for daring newcomers “Outsiders” and “Underground” in early 2016. These projects continue the network’s aggressive expansion into original scripted programming.
This fall, WGN America is the new exclusive cable home for 2015’s two biggest acquired series, “Person of Interest” and “Elementary.” With “Blue Bloods,” they make up the new “Prime Crime” lineup. WGN America is also elevating prime time with major motion pictures to compete as a movie destination.
With original series, exclusive off-network hits, competitive movie titles, conversion to dual feed and more national coverage, WGN America is a dramatically new network.
• Genders skew 55% female/45% male • 48% more sellable prime-time impressions • 26% more prime-time units • Growth of key sales
- Apple Plans $1 Billion Investment in TV Shows and Films...Matt Cherniss, who until recently was president of Tribune Media's
WGN Americacable network, to head development. Cherniss reports to Erlicht and Van Amburg...
- Golden Age of TV Shows Signs of Cracks as Some Channels Give Up...time." High-cost dramas will be among the first casualties at
WGN Americawhen Sinclair Broadcasting Group completes its $3.9 billion takeover of parent...
- Sinclair Buys Tribune for $3.9 Billion, Creating TV GoliathThe deal is expected to be the first in a mergers-and-acquisitions frenzy following a historic airwave auction.
- One in Five Relationships Starts Online, Says Match.com in New Ad...9:49 pm ET Match.com: The World Has Changed Network:
WGN AmericaShow: Cops Primetime Airing: Sep. 29, 8:37 pm ET Most Engaging...
- T-Mobile Puts Verizon in its Sights With Parody Ad...Top new ads recently aired on national TV Kia: Basketball Network:
WGN AmericaShow: How I Met Your Mother Primetime Airing: Sep. 20, 10:37...