The 2008 Madison+Vine Conference — presenting the latest branded content and entertainment marketing intelligence for a fragmenting, digital world.
Speakers and panelists include:
Google Eric Schmidt, Chief Executive Officer
MySpace Amit Kapur, Chief Operating Officer
National Hockey League Gary Bettman, Commissioner
Nascar Brian France, Chairman and CEO
Darren Star Productions Darren Star, President and CEO
Marvel Entertainment, Inc. Ira Rubenstein, EVP, Global Digital Media Group
NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios Ben Silverman, Co-Chairman
NBC's "Sunday Night Football" Al Michaels, Play-by-Play Commentator
Magic Johnson Enterprises Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Chairman and CEO
The Coca-Cola Company Marc Mathieu, SVP, Global Brand Marketing & Creative Excellence
Pandemic Studios, LLC Josh Resnick, President and Co-Founder
Ideocracy Ted D'Cruz-Young, Founder
RealNetworks Rob Glaser, Founder, Chairman and CEO
Take-Two Interactive Software Strauss Zelnick, Chairman
William Morris Agency Marc Geiger, Senior VP, Head of Contemporary Music
The new event will also incorporate our highly-successful Entertainment Marketers of the Year awards luncheon as an event centerpiece. Click here to see the 2008 Entertainment Marketers of the Year honorees.
8:00am Registration & Breakfast
8:30 am Welcome Remarks
Jonah Bloom, Editor, Advertising Age and Jim Wiatt, Chairman and CEO,William Morris Agency
8:35am As Leagues Become Media Companies, What Does it Mean for Athletes, Networks and Brands?
Moderator: Al Michaels, Play-by-Play Commentator, NBC's "Sunday Night Football"
• Gary Bettman, Commissioner, National Hockey League
• Brian France, Chairman and CEO, Nascar
• Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Chairman and CEO, Magic Johnson Enterprises
• Casey Wasserman, Chairman and CEO, Wasserman Media
9:15 TV on the Fritz: Eroding ratings, sky-high pilots vs. year-round promotion and development
Moderator: Claude Brodesser-Akner, Los Angeles Bureau Chief, Advertising Age
• Ben Silverman, Co-Chairman, NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios
• Barry Sonnenfeld, Producer, Director of Motion Pictures and Television
• Darren Star, President and CEO, Darren Star Productions
• Dana Walden, Chairman, 20th Century Fox Television
10:00 Coffee Break
10:15am The Ex Factor
The New Entertainment Experience
A study from the Time Inc. Entertainment Group
Moderator: Paul Caine, President, Time Inc. Entertainment Group
10:55 High Noon for Hollywood: What Does Google Mean for Tinseltown?
Q&A with Eric Schmidt, CEO, Google and Abbey Klaassen, Editor, Ad Age Digital
12:00pm Lunch and Ad Age's Entertainment Marketer Awards
2:00 A Guitar Hero Will Rise
How and what can you market to casual and fervent gamers
Moderator: Ben Fritz, Video Games Reporter and Reviews Editor, Variety
• Brett Dennis, Director of Media Marketing, T-Mobile
• Josh Resnick, Co-Founder and General Manager, Pandemic Studios
• Ira Rubenstein, EVP, Global Digital Media Group, Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
• Strauss Zelnick, Chairman, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
2:40 Case Study: Brand Disconnection and Consumer A.D.D: How Lovely
Ted D'Cruz-Young, Founder, Ideocracy
2:45 Are We Being 99 Cented to Death?
A discussion about the arbitrary price of content
Moderator: Jeff Leeds, Music Journalist
• Steve Berman, President, Sales and Marketing, Interscope Geffen A&M
• Rob Glaser, Founder, Chairman and CEO, RealNetworks
• Marc Geiger, Executive VP, Head of Contemporary Music, William Morris Agency
• Amit Kapur, Chief Operating Officer, MySpace
• Marc Mathieu, SVP, Global Brand Marketing & Creative Excellence The Coca-Cola Company
3:25 Event Concludes
*Agenda and speakers subject to change
About our Sponsors
Programmed in Partnership with
Email: [email protected]