Vast Majority of Young Women Caught in the Grip of Common Sense!

Quarter of Women Would Rather Be 'Top Model' Than Nobel Winner

By Published on .

According to a shocking -- shocking -- study of 2,000 18- to 34-year-old women commissioned by Oxygen Media, "nearly 25% of women would rather win 'America's Next Top Model' than the Nobel Peace Prize." Oh, the horror! Oh, the humanity! Just what is this world coming to, with our precious daughters putting beauty before brains?!? Call out the self-esteem police. Let's use some of that stimulus money to beat some sense into their thick but pretty skulls!

Oh, wait. If I break out my calculator and ... hold on ... running this complex equation. That means over 75% of women would not rather win "America's Next Top Model" than the Nobel Prize. So the overwhelming majority of 18- to 34-year-old women are not slobbering, beauty-obsessed fools. And the other 25%? Well, maybe they're not foolish either. Maybe they figure that a "peace prize" given out to the likes of Yasser Arafat ain't worth having in the first place.

Another not-so-distressing stat: Some 91% of women "would rather live a long life and lose their looks than die young and beautiful." I guess "Vast Majority of Young Women Caught in the Grip of Common Sense" wouldn't make a sexy enough headline for a press release that's ... wait, what's this damn press release for, exactly? Tucked way down after a laundry list of stats (50% of women 18-24 would marry an ugly man if he were a multimillionaire), we find this:

Premiering March 31 at 11 p.m. ET/PT, Oxygen's new series "Pretty Wicked" puts looks aside as 10 women compete in a series of challenges designed to "beautify" their insides to match their outside. The twists and turns in this social experiment continue while the contestants find themselves without the everyday luxuries they are accustomed to.
Well played, Oxygen. Well played.

Most Popular