The 10 Most Unexpected Media Placements We've Seen
At a time when consumers are inundated with advertising while driving, using their phones, on planes or at the movies -- or in other words, every waking hour -- how does a marketer cut through the clutter? One solution to overcome ad overload is to throw an ad at them where they least expect it. With creative efforts now appearing on urinals, straws and shoes, here are 10 of the weirdest yet smartest media placements from the past few years.
3. Publicis Mojo Auckland made clever use of a ketchup packet and the sauce inside for a campaign against landmines, in this 2006 Cannes Lion-winning effort.
4. Using BuyMyFace.com, a service that helped broke students get some cash, Ernst & Young planted its logo on kids' faces.
6. The Supra brand shoe has a sole that can double as available ad space, a novel idea from Horizon media.
7. Besides covering gaping craters in the streets, this is the best use of a manhole cover we've ever seen. Folgers Coffee put a sticker on top of them so they looked like a steaming cup of coffee.
8. Leo Burnett Shanghai made clever use of a drinking straw's accordion hinge to promote the Y-Plus Yoga Center in Shanghai.