1. -Organize site content in a way that addresses visitors' needs and helps them achieve whatever their goals might be. Recognize that this structure may be different than the way your company is organized internally.
2. -Consider your Web site as one piece of your overall communications strategy. Is the look and feel consistent with other on- and offline campaigns?
3. -Personalize visitors' experience as much as possible; consider using microsites to address different groups' needs.
4. -When appropriate, use rich media such as audio and video to connect with customers and show how your products or services can help them.
5. -Ask users for feedback on your site in an online survey or by walking through the site with them on the phone or in person.