1. -Conduct a review of your company's events to determine when virtual events might make sense.
2. -Test various types of registration, different partnerships, lists and content to find the best way to reach your audience.
3. -Steer away from a hard sell. Couple your products or services with an expert's presentation or a customer testimonial. Build in opportunities to interact with the audience. Always take questions.
4. -Leverage the Web in your marketing approach. Start promoting the event about three or four weeks before it occurs. Send a reminder.
5. -Follow up with attendees. Send a link to the archived event to people who registered but did not attend to the event.