Your job as a b-to-b marketer is to gauge the right amount of content for your target audience. Within the email channel, you have fractions of a second to engage your lead to open your email. Once opened, according to MarketingSherpa research
, you now have 15 to 20 seconds to convince your lead to click through. How can you overcome these odds? Simple—provide concise, personalized content that is easily read at a glance.
The following tips will help keep your content stay targeted and engaging to increase your email conversions:
Majda Anwar is a revenue engineer for revenue marketing agency, Pedowitz Group. She can be reached at [email protected].
- Keep your subject lines under 50 characters. Short, concise subject lines will engage the reader. Subject lines that are too long may get cut off within the preview pane of the email client.
- Personalize your email. According to a research conducted by the Circle Research Group, you can improve your email's effectiveness by 32%—it pays to personalize your email content to your reader.
- Summarize your benefits with bullets. Highlight the benefits of your email offer within 3 or 4 bullets. These bullets will jump out to the reader within paragraphs of text. Optimize those 15 to 20 seconds.
- Don't forget your alt-tags.
You can assume that a portion of your audience will not see your images as most email clients automatically block images from emails. By using alt-tags you can design an email that will clearly communicate your offer even when its images are turned off.
- Keep a 60/40 ratio of text to graphics. Avoid spam filters by keeping a heavier emphasis on text instead of graphics. Time spent looking at your email includes images—make these images engaging and supportive of your email offer.