Microsoft to officially launch adCenter in June

Published on .

Redmond, Wash.—As it continues to ramp up its search capabilities, Microsoft Corp. said it will launch its adCenter ad platform by June, according to a report by the Associated Press.

The selling platform has been in test mode since last spring. About 25% of sponsored links in search results are from adCenter. The remaining 75% come from Yahoo!’s Overture Services subsidiary.

Microsoft’s outsourcing relationship with Overture, now a direct competitor, will end in June when their contract expires.

Microsoft has also created the adCenter Incubation Lab, where it will work on developing a series of tools for advertisers to target ads and buy online ad space on multiple platforms, including blogging sites and its Web-based Office Live system for businesses.

—Carol Krol

Most Popular
In this article: