Your dream job is up for grabs, and it's not going to be easy. Wieden & Kennedy Portland is hiring for what is probably one of the most fun gigs in adland: a social strategist on the award-winning Old Spice account.
But as the agency says, finding unconventional talent requires an unconventional approach, so this isn't going to be your grandmother's job search. In an employment hunt that might just rival its ads in terms of kookiness, the agency is giving you a set of 10 social media "challenges" that are nothing short of awesome.
If you think you're the right person for the job, you have until Monday, Nov. 5, 5.00 p.m. PST to submit proof that you have completed one or more of the "challenges" laid out below. The proof must be submitted in the form of a case study presentation deck.
Of course, you're not allowed to say you're doing any of this because you want a job at Wieden. The challenges are below, and a detailed rules and regulations document can be found on Wieden's site. Good luck -- and let us know how it goes. Your efforts may deserve a showcase on Creativity too.
1. Create the best original Pinterest board dedicated to the sport of inline speed skating (NOT roller-hockey).
2. Create and post an original piece of content to Reddit that then receives the most upvotes in a single week.
3. Create and upload to SlideShare an original, in-depth competitive analysis of the Ed Hardy social media ecosystem.
4. Get the most people to friend your mother or your father (or a parent-like figure in your life) on Facebook in a single week.
5. Create an original (new) Twitter account and then use it to get the most followers in a week using any verbs you like, but only the following nouns: "BLUEFUDGE," "HAMMERPANTS" and "GREEK YOGURT."
6. Create an original YouTube video that then receives the most plays in a single week using this script verbatim:
#1: "Wait. What are you doing?" #2: "Trust me. This will be fine." #1: "Ok. Go ahead."
7. Get recommendations on LinkedIn from at least three other people trying to get this job.
8. Create the most reviewed recipe on allrecipes.com in a single week using cottage cheese as an ingredient. The reviews don't have to be good.
9. Upload the most pictures of your armpit(s) to Instagram during the course of this challenge. The pictures must have your face in them to verify your identity and include the hashtag #mypits.
10. Using Quora, give thought-out, meaningful answers to as many dream catcher-related questions as possible in a single week.