Apps for Brands Event: Mobile Marketing Intelligence
NEW YORK (AdAge.com) -- MLB.com CEO Bob Bowman leads the lineup of marketers, agencies, developers and venture capitalists looking to plot the course for the future of brands in the mobile sphere at next week's Apps For Brands conference, co-hosted by Ad Age and Appolicious in New York.
Hot on the heels of the Ad Age Mobile Marketing Guide some of the biggest thinkers in the mobile space are coming together during Advertising Week to discuss the development and deployment of brand-focused apps.
MLB.com, which has been a market leader in terms of monetizing its content and winning over fans with its mobile offerings, will lead off the event. Mr. Bowman will share his thoughts on how the league's advanced digital thinking has led to widespread adoption and revenue creation in its mobile offerings, largely led by its deluxe, feature-rich At Bat app.
From soup to nuts
Panels will examine a number of issues from bringing brand identity to mobile applications, to the question of how to construct them and foster widespread adoption and ensure integration with traditional campaigns. Each panel will feature marketers that have successfully made the leap into mobile like Kraft, Bank of America, Zagat, Benjamin Moore and Barnes & Noble.
Additional insight comes via agencies like AKQA, which made a splash earlier this year with its app for retailer Gap, and venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, whose iFund specializes in investing in development in the mobile sphere. Publishers, analytics providers, platform and SDK developers as well as independent shops will be represented.
- Robert A. Bowman, President and Chief Executive Officer, MLB.com
- Ed Kaczmarek, Director of Innovation, New Services, Kraft Foods
- Matt Bean, Senior Editor, Men's Health
- Ryan Charles, Senior Product and Marketing Manager, Zagat Survey
- Jen McDonald, Digital Marketing Executive, Bank of America
- Carl Minchew, Director of Product Development, Benjamin Moore & Co.
- J.B. Holston, CEO and President, NewsGator
- Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer, AKQA
- Aileen Lee, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Matt Galligan, co-founder, CrashCorp, location-based SDK developers
- Abbey Klaassen, Digital Editor, Advertising Age
- James Kane, founder, Two Bulls, developers of The Hidden Park
- Eric Litman, chairman/CEO, Medialets, mobile analytics platform
- Alan Warms, CEO, Appolicious
- Allison Mooney, VP-director of Trends and Insight, MobileBehavior
- Douglas Gottlieb, VP, digital products, Barnes & Noble.com
- Henry M. Vogel, President and CEO, Apptera
For more details, a full agenda, and to register, visit Ad Age Events.