From funding children's hospitals to inspiring people to walk every day, cause marketing efforts are being honored today at the Cause Marketing Forum's annual conference in Chicago.
According to Mr. Hessekiel, cause-marketing spending is projected to reach $1.57 billion this year.
Topping this year's winners are Timberland and Share Our Strength, which won the Cause Marketing Golden Halo Awards for their long records of innovation and achievement in cause marketing.
In addition, 18 category awards are being presented:
Best Use of Social Media:
- Gold: More Than Footprints: TripAdvisor and Conservation International, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic Society, Save the Children and the Nature Conservancy
- Silver: Best [email protected] Challenge: Best Buy and Ashoka Youth Venture
Best Environmental/Wildlife Campaign:
- Gold: Tour de Fat: New Belgium Brewing Co. and multiple local cycling groups
- Silver: Jetting to Green: JetBlue Airways and the Carbon Fund
Best Health Campaign:
- Gold: Start! Partnership: Subway and the American Heart Association
- Silver: Jiffy Lube Maintenance Partners for Life: Jiffy Lube International and the American Heart Association
Best Social Service/Education Campaign:
- Gold: Protecting Futures: Procter & Gamble Co. and United Nations Association
- Silver: Toys "R" Us Guide for Differently-Abled Kids: Toys "R" Us and the National Lekotek Center
Best Message Campaign:
- Gold: The Pedigree Adoption Drive: Pedigree and numerous animal shelters
- Silver: L'Oreal Paris Ovarian Cancer Awareness Campaign: L'Oréal Paris and the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund
Best Print Creative:
- Gold: Believe: Macy's and the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America
- Silver: Subaru Share the Love: Subaru of America and the ASPCA, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels Association of America and National Wildlife Federation
Best Transactional Campaign:
- Gold: IHOP National Pancake Day: IHOP and Children's Miracle Network
- Silver: Believe: Macy's and the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America
Best Cause Marketing Event:
- Gold: Read for the Record: Pearson Foundation and Jumpstart
- Silver: Miracle Treat Day: American Dairy Queen Corp. and Children's Miracle Network
Best National/Local Integration:
- Gold: Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities: KPMG and Major League Baseball
- Silver: Trees for Troops: FedEx and the Christmas Spirit Foundation
The Cause Marketing Forum produces an annual conference, workshops, teleclasses and causemarketingforum.com, a website offering free resources to businesses and nonprofits interested in developing such programs.