Vanity Fair issues averaged about 193,000 single-copy sales over the last six months of 2014, according to the Alliance for Audited Media. (Vanity Fair's overall circulation tops 1.2 million.) The Caitlyn Jenner cover should easily beat the magazine's average, and is likely to vault into the upper echelons of its best sellers. But will it beat the magazine's all-time top five?
Here are those five magazine covers and the number of newsstand copies they sold, according to Vanity Fair:
1. September 2005: Jennifer Aniston, 738,929 copies sold
2. October 2006: Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and Suri, 713,776 copies sold
3. September 1999: Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, 640,816 copies sold
4. April 1995: Hollywood Issue, 606,894 copies sold
5. August 2003: John F. Kennedy, Jr., and Carolyn Kennedy Bessette, 598,744 copies sold