A resolution sponsored by Mayor Pro Tempore John D'Amico and Councilwoman Lindsey Horvath "urging the Los Angeles City Council and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove President Donald J. Trump's star" was set to be put up to vote during a Monday evening council session. The resolution cites all manner of grievances against POTUS, including his record on women, transgender individuals, immigration, Russian interference in the 2016 election, climate change, etc.
As D'Amico and Horvath point out, the sidewalk star has become an expensive pain in the ass: "It should be noted that Mr. Trump's star on the Walk of Fame has been destroyed in the past," their resolution notes, "and has been replaced by the City of Los Angeles using taxpayer funds."
So it's a practical matter in addition to being, well, a media stunt—which means that a nonproportional response from professional media-stunt artist Donald Trump is inevitable. The only question is how he'll respond to the indignity. A few options:
• Impose tariffs on Hollywood movies.
• Build a wall around Hollywood—and make Hollywood pay for it!
• Detain celebrity offspring—maybe set up a sting operation at the West Hollywood Kith—and separate them from their famous parents indefinitely.
• Order a drone strike on Meryl Streep's Walk of Fame star.
• Tweet up a tremendous tweetstorm—conveniently distracting the media, at least momentarily, from other breaking news—like, say, "Rick Gates testifies he committed crimes with Paul Manafort."