* Be aware. These young people define themselves across cultural lines. Recognize these newly emerging identities-this is not a fad.
* Get anthropological. Beyond demographics, turn to disciplines such as ethnography and cultural anthropology to understand culture-based consumer insights.
* Stay current. This is an evolving conversation. Intracultural youth neither consume the same media nor hold the same cultural values that have been predominant in the past.
* Seek feedback. Intracultural youth use ever more outlets to express themselves creatively. Marketers should seek involvement within legal constraints.
* Think nontraditionally. Go beyond the obvious, whether that means advertising in new media outlets or simply keeping track of the communities that surround them.