The Irish Wind Energy Association uses a historic recording of John F. Kennedy in this spot that aims to act as a wake-up call to Ireland about home-grown energy.
The campaign, by Dublin-based Rothco, seeks to highlight to the people of Ireland that they have "the power to power themselves" via the natural resource of wind energy. Currently, Ireland produces only 15% of its energy domestically and imports the remaining 85%. The stirring words of Kennedy about the importance of Ireland on the world stage, spoken during his visit to the country in 1963, are set against a selection of images of modern day Ireland and Irish people; the still photography was specially commissioned by Rothco for the campaign.
Aedamair Cassidy, account director at Rothco, said: "Our tone was rooted in the idea of national pride. We wanted to make Irish chests puff out as they listened to one of the most important figures of the 20th century talking about our country in such glowing terms. It was important to make the conversation relevant for today's audience, so we chose visuals that depicted a modern Ireland."