The Escape Pod is a fiercely independent, full-service creative powerhouse known for category-changing work that drives results. The agency was founded in 2006 by ad industry veterans Norm Bilow and Vinny Warren, creator of the legendary Budweiser “Whassup!” campaign, one of Advertising Age's Top Ad Campaigns of the 21st Century.
We bring our clients' brand propositions to life in the most powerful manner possible, through advertising that is strategically sound, creatively exceptional, and makes optimal use of any media.WHAT WE DO BEST
The Escape Pod is known for consistently delivering fresh, original ideas that break through categories and builds brands. Our specialties include:
- Efficiently executing breakthrough retail campaigns and promotions
- Re-energizing the growth and profitability of established brands
- Launching new products
We are bold. We are fast. We defy convention. We drive action. We are risk takers. We are brand makers. We love what we do.
From pioneering the first branded entertainment reality TV hit, “Schooled,” for OfficeMax to launching Wheat Thins’ “Twitterventions” viral sensation, to having NFL MVP Drew Breese retire for one day for Can-Am Spyder, and working with YouTube star Action Movie Kid for Toys”R”Us, The Escape Pod has earned its reputation for bold, award-winning work across retail, food & beverage, technology and automotive categories.FAST. FEARLESS. FOCUSED ON GROWTH.
In 2017, The Escape Pod formed The Escape Pod Group in partnership with digital production studio, ORA Interactive, and experiential agency, OutCold. The Escape Pod Group is a collective of specialty advertising agencies, purpose-built to deliver breakthrough ideas with speed, agility and cost-savings for clients. We combine creative firepower with full-service capabilities across creative development, production, media planning and buying, digital, social and experiential marketing.CONTACT:
- Small Agency of the Year, Midwest, Gold: The Escape Pod...digital agency ORA Interactive and experiential agency OutCold. And one of
The Escape Pod's hottest campaigns was decidedly cold. For outdoor equipment maker Ego...
- Office Depot Holds Cross-Agency Review Less Than a Year After OfficeMax Merger...our successful partnership will continue." OfficeMax was the first client for
The Escape Podin Chicago when the agency opened its doors in 2007, but...
- Orbit Gum Puts Sarah Silverman's Latest Breakup in TV Ad Wrigley deploys the sassy comedienne as Trident goes for laughs with remake of its 2003 squirrel ad.