Ad Age Leading National Advertisers 2020 is Ad Age's annual ranking of the biggest U.S. advertising spenders.
Ad Age published the 65th annual Ad Age Leading National Advertisers report online on July 13, 2020. A portion of the report appeared as the Ad Age Leading National Advertisers 2020 Fact Pack, included with Ad Age's July 13, 2020, print edition available for download.
Ad Age Datacenter subscribers have exclusive access to the complete report online. Exclusive online content includes:
- Marketer Trees 2020, a database with ad spending, brands, profiles, executives and agency rosters for the nation's 100 biggest advertisers
- Expanded tables, downloadable in Excel. Tables include 200 Leading National Advertisers, 200 most-advertised brands, biggest ad spenders by medium and biggest ad spending categories
Subscribe to Ad Age Datacenter
Ad Age Leading National Advertisers 2020 Fact Pack
36-page summary of key data from Ad Age Leading National Advertisers 2020 report.
Ad Age Marketer Trees 2020
Database of Ad Age Leading National Advertisers
Featuring U.S. ad spending, brands, profiles, executives and agency rosters for 100 biggest U.S. advertisers.
Rankings and analysis
Ad Age Leading National Advertisers 2020: Expanded tables
Excel download. The Excel sheet includes tabs for:
- 200 Leading National Advertisers based on 2019 total U.S. ad spending
- 200 most-advertised brands based on 2019 U.S. measured-media spending from Kantar
- Measured-media ad spending by medium based on 2019 U.S. measured-media spending from Kantar
- Biggest ad spenders by medium based on 2019 U.S. measured-media spending from Kantar. Top spenders from broadcast TV networks, cable TV networks, broadcast spot TV, radio, desktop search, desktop internet display, magazine and outdoor
- Biggest ad spending categories based on 2019 U.S. measured-media spending from Kantar
- U.S. ad spending forecast from WPP's GroupM
How Amazon ad spending went from $30,000 to $11 billion
The company spent about $21,000 per minute on advertising and promotion last year. Prime numbers: Graphic of Amazon ad and promotion spending, 1995 to present.
By Bradley Johnson
Ad spending broke a record (before COVID-19 and recession intruded)
Internet ventures from Amazon to Wayfair are driving U.S. ad and marketing spending, according to Ad Age’s 65th annual Leading National Advertisers report.
By Bradley Johnson
Methodology and more info
About Ad Age Leading National Advertisers 2020
How Ad Age ranked the top 200 advertisers including methodology.
Leading National Advertisers archive
1997 to present.
Order additional print copies of July 13, 2020, print edition (including Ad Age Leading National Advertisers 2020 Fact Pack):
Copyright, terms and conditions
© Copyright 2020 Crain Communications Inc. The data and information presented is the property of Crain and others and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. For personal, non-commercial use only, which must be in accordance with Ad Age's Terms and Conditions at AdAge.com/terms. Archiving, reproduction, re-distribution or other uses are prohibited. For licensing arrangements, please contact [email protected].