Ad Age Agency Report is an annual ranking and analysis of advertising and marketing-services agencies. The report includes rankings based on U.S. and worldwide revenue. We have published Ad Age Agency Report every year since 1945.
We published the Ad Age Agency Report 2020 on May 11, 2020.
A portion of the report appeared in Ad Age's May 11, 2020, print edition. Ad Age Datacenter subscribers have exclusive access to the complete report online. Exclusive online content includes:
- Agency Family Trees 2020, a database of the world's 25 largest agency companies with profiles, agency holdings, financial facts and links to related content.
- Expanded rankings of agencies by discipline, downloadable in Excel.
- Fast facts and figures on more than 400 agencies and networks.
How to subscribe to Ad Age Datacenter:
Explore Ad Age's Agency Family Trees 2020 database
Quick access to agency profiles, data, articles and links. See what the agencies have to say about themselves.
Annual industry overview
Analysis: 2019 was the weakest year for agency growth since the Great Recession. But the bad news is 2020 U.S. agency revenue last year rose a tepid 1.2 percent. All bets are off for this year.
Graphics and tables include:
- Digital's share of U.S. agency revenue
- Organic revenue growth for major agency companies
- Growth by agency discipline
Jobs: Ad business cut 36,400 jobs in April
Ad Age's 30-year analysis shows ad agency staffing peaks early, falls hard and recovers late. The simple, brutal math of agency employment and recessions.
Agency rankings in Excel with links to Agency Family Trees 2020 database. The Excel sheet includes tabs with rankings for:
- World's 25 largest agency companies
Consolidated agency networks
- World's 25 largest consolidated agency networks
- World's 10 largest ad agencies
- 25 largest U.S. ad agencies
CRM/direct marketing networks
- World's 10 largest CRM/direct marketing networks
- 25 largest U.S. CRM/direct marketing networks
- World's 15 largest digital networks
- 15 largest U.S. digital networks
Experiential/event marketing networks
- 15 largest U.S. experiential/event marketing networks
Health care agency networks
- 25 largest U.S. health care agency networks
- World's five largest media network groups
- World's 15 largest media agency networks
- 15 largest U.S. media agency networks
- 25 largest U.S. promotion agency networks
- World's 10 largest public relations agency networks
- 25 largest U.S. public relations agency networks
U.S. agencies A to Z: Fast facts, top executives and links to agency websites.
About Agency Report, archive, more information
About Agency Report 2020 including methodology.
Agency Report archive: 1998 to present.
Agency Report Questionnaires
Ad Age's Agency Report Questionnaires are available here. If your agency missed the deadline for Agency Report 2020, fill out the questionnaire and email it to [email protected]. We'll add you to our database. Questionnaires for the spring 2021 report will be available here in January 2021.
To order a copy of Ad Age's May 11, 2020, print edition including the print version of Ad Age Agency Report and Agency Family Trees pullout poster, email [email protected].
Ad Age Datacenter features premium content, including profiles of the biggest advertisers, agency companies and more.
Questions? We can be reached at [email protected].
Industry contact list
Ad Age’s exclusive 2020 agency executive contact list is available for purchase. The list includes names, titles and contact information for key executives at the nation’s largest advertising, media and marketing-services agencies. For information on purchasing that list, email Azalia Allen at [email protected].