The work-from-home balancing act becomes a chance to have fun in Samsung's Galaxy Tab spot

MJZ's Fredrik Bond directs a day-in-the-life with room for play

Published On
Mar 03, 2021

Editor's Pick

Pulling double duty as teacher and work-from-home warrior is a familiar trope for white collar workers this long into the pandemic. A new spot for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet puts a happier spin on that juggle, following a working mom and her unintentionally helpful kid through a typical day of Zoom meetings, meal prep, brainstorming, spills and TV time.

The campaign from BBH New York, “Work is better with play,” acknowledges how hard working two simultaneous shifts can be, while still focusing on the fun that can be had amid the chaos. It’s informed by a study the agency conducted in the U.S. and U.K. that highlights some of the benefits of remote work: 87% of respondents said they were more confident with technology than they had previously been, and 73% said they enjoyed taking breaks for personal time during the work day. Presumably, the other 27% of people took the survey while their bosses were watching. More than 80% of people said they were just as productive in sweatpants than a suit.

The main spot is directed by Fredrik Bond via MJZ and backed by “Don't Rain on My Parade” from “Funny Girl.” Additional 15-second spots spotlight features and accessories of the Tab.

Credits

Date
Mar 03, 2021
Client :
Samsung
Agency :
BBH-New York
Senior Vice President and Head of Global Marketing Team of Mobile Communications Business Samsung Electronics :
Stephanie Choi
Corporate VP Global Brand Marketing :
Matthew Leem
Director Global Brand Marketing :
Jessie Song
Senior Professional Global Brand Marketing :
Seunhee Rho
Senior Professional Global Brand Marketing :
Eunseon Noh
Senior Professional Global Brand Marketing :
Ahra Cho
President :
Amani Duncan
Chief Creative Officer :
Rafa Rizuto
Group Creative Director :
Lucas Bongioanni
Art Director :
Joao Unzer
Art Director :
Bo Yoon
Copywriter :
Mikio Bradley
Copywriter :
Mia Madrid
Executive Producer :
Peter Williams
Assistant Producer :
Cris Flores
Business Director :
Dan Wallace
Group Account Director :
Kate Naylor
Account Supervisor :
Sonali Shukla
Account Manager :
Daphney Rudolph
Head of Strategy :
Tom Callard
Group Strategy Director :
Helene Dick
Senior Strategist :
Dylan Fauss
Production Company :
MJZ
Director :
Fredrik Bond
Executive Producer :
Kate Leahy
Line Producer :
Alicia Richards
Production Manager :
Daniel Gay
Director of Photography :
Joost Van Gelder
Production Designer :
Zuzana Sucha
Costume :
Terezie Dvorakova
Editorial :
Exile
Editor :
Katie Turinski
Executive Producer :
Sasha Hirschfeld
Senior Producer :
LauRenn Reed
Edit Assistant :
Ling Chua
VFX :
MPC
Senior Producer :
Elissa Norman
Senior Producer :
Sally Wnek
Creative Director VFX Supervisor and 2D lead :
Tom McCullough
Shoot Supervisor :
Tom McCullough
Shoot Supervisor :
Rodolfo Pereira
3D Lead :
Jessie Amadio
Executive Producer :
Camila De Biaggi
Producer :
Colleen Valentino
Producer :
Sahil Sunil Wadhwani
Production Coordinator :
Jonathan Dontchev
2D Artist :
Alex Dreiblatt
2D Artist :
David Anger
2D Artist :
Julien Aucouturier
2D Artist :
Kevin Quinlan
2D Artist :
Margolit Steiner
2D Artist :
Michael Glen
2D Artist :
David Manzo
2D Artist :
Jesse Newman
2D Artist :
Abhilash A Mangesh
2D Artist :
Borkar Udaykiran Chowdary
3D Artist :
Jacob Fradkin
3D Artist :
Samir Patel
Roto Artist :
Abhrajit Ganguly
Roto Artist :
Arunabha Ghosh
Roto Artist :
Athul Kumar
Roto Artist :
Cherukuru Harsha
Roto Artist :
Krishnachaitanya Bitra
Roto Artist :
Manjunatha Narasimmaiya
Roto Artist :
Pasula Srisailam
Roto Artist :
Rajamohanreddy Bijivemula
Roto Artist :
Raju Mandala
Roto Artist :
Saloni Mehta
Roto Artist :
Shekar Alle Thota Sai Kumar
Roto Artist :
Umesh Patil
Roto Artist :
Vadiraj Kupaneshi
Telecine :
Company 3
Senior Colorist :
Siggy Ferstl
Senior Producer :
Matt Moran
Executive Producer :
Ashley McKim
Audio House :
Sound Lounge
Mixer :
Tom Jucarone
Senior Producer :
Lauren Mullen
Music :
Don’t Rain on My Parade
Music :
Linda Eder

Need a credit fix? Contact the Creativity Editors